Saturday, May 16, 2009

JAXTON ENGLAND COPE

Jax was born May 13! 8 lb 1 oz

We are so glad that he is here! it is amazing how much we love this new baby after seeing him for the first time. Labor was long and hard-I guess that is why it is called LABOR! I was scheduled to be induced Tuesday night so Gordon and me went into the hospital at 10:30 p.m. I was put on IV and I got a contraction and heart rate monitor. Contractions started right away and by 4 am I was put on Pitocin to help the process going. My doctor broke my water about 7 am then the contractions stated hurting really bad! I got an epidural about 11 am. Epidurals are so wonderful- one of God's gifts to mankind. I progressed slowly and was ready to start pushing by 6 pm. After 3 hours of pushing I was so tired! Jax's head was going the wrong way so he got stuck. The doctor tried using a baby vacuum on his head to help push him out. But it did not work. We decided that we had to do a c-section. It was late Wednesday night when I went into surgery and out came with our cute new baby boy! He cried a lot that first night but has been very happy ever since then, We love him so much and think he is the most handsome baby in the whole wide world!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so glad he is here safe and sound.